If you are organising any events that you feel would be of interest to our members, please let us know.
Upcoming LPFG events
Check back regularly for news of future LPFG events.
- The 2019 LPFG conference was titled Crafting Identities: making and using objects in the Bronze and Iron Ages It was held on Saturday 26th October at National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh
- The 2018 LPFG conference was titled The Matter in Hand: New Research on Later Prehistoric Finds. It was held at the British Museum on Monday 29th October 2018, 9.30am to 4.30pm. Download the programme/poster here and see details of the papers below.
- The 2016 LPFG conference was titled From Every Object a Story and was held at the National Museum Wales Cardiff, Amgueddfa Cymru and in University of Bristol Department of archaeology and anthropology on 19th – 20th November
- The 2015 LPFG conference was held together with the Prehistoric Society and was titled Tales the River tells: Later prehistoric finds from in and around the Thames and was held at the British Museum and the Museum of London on Monday 20th April
- The 2014 LPFG meeting was held at the WISE centre in Hull and Hull Museum on Friday 24th October
- In 2013 the first LPFG meeting was held at the British Museum on Friday 11th October
Past IARSS prizes
- The 22nd Iron Age Research Student Symposium (IARSS) University of Cardiff 29th – 31st May 2019. LPFG awarded a prize for best finds paper to Tiffany Treadwell for her paper on “Analysis of Wetland Depositional Practices in Iron Age Wales and Scotland”
- The 21st Iron Age Research Student Symposium (IARSS) University of Kent, 30th May – 2nd June 2018. LPFG awarded a prize for best finds paper to Meredith Laing for her paper: “Making an impression: using fingerprint analysis to investigate demographics of pottery production”